- Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
- When do I receive a water bill?
- Do we purchase our water from the City of Detroit or somewhere else?
- Explain the sewer charge?
- What is a sur-charge?
- Why is there a meter charge on my bill?
- How is my bill computed?
- What is a unit?
- How are the water and sewer rates established?
- What does arrears mean?
- If I overpay my bill or the city over-bills my account, will my bill be adjusted?
- Does a main break have an effect on my bill?
- Is a meter leak my problem or the City’s?
- If I turn the water off at the meter and not use any water will I still get a bill?
- What is a minimum bill?
- Why is my bill so high?
- What do I need to do to ensure that my water account is paid up-to-date before I move from my home?
- How do I change my mailing address or put my name on the account?
- How are my property taxes calculated?
- What is taxable value and how is it calculated?
- What forms should I file with the Assessor’s Office after a property is transferred?
- What other form should be filed with the Assessor’s Office if the property is to be my new principal residence?
- How does the City notify me of my taxable value and if I have a principal residence exemption?
- How are Michigan Public Schools funded?