- Parks & Recreation
- Wayne County Parks Picnic Permits
Wayne County Parks Picnic Permits
Permit Day Procedures
March 7, 2022 – 7:00 AM
Nankin Mills Interpretive Center
33175 Ann Arbor Trail, Westland
Wayne County Parks will begin issuing picnic permits in person for the 2022 picnic season on Monday, March 7 at the Nankin Mills Interpretive Center.
Please note that Permit Day procedures will be handled differently again this year due to Covid-19.
- Wayne County Parks staff will hand out numbers starting at 6:30 AM at the Walk-Up Window (next to the front door near the Hines Drive parking lot). In addition, we will need a cell phone number for each person in line as we will not be allowing more than 4 people in the building at a time. If you do not have a cell phone, we will be announcing the numbers with our PA System to the parking lot closest to Hines Drive.
At 7:00 AM, we will begin issuing permits. We will be following the Covid-19 protocols listed below:
- All customers entering the building must wear a mask
- Your temperature will be taken when you enter the building.
- You will be asked a series of Covid-19 related questions including
- Have you been in close contact with anyone who tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
- Do you currently have any one of the following principal symptoms of COVID-19?
- Shortness of breath
- New loss of taste or smell
- Fever over 100.4 degrees
- We will allow two people in to complete their reservations and two people to look at the calendars at a time. You will enter and exit through the classroom door. (southeast corner of the building on the Hines Drive side). We will text your cell phone number once your number is ready. If no one responds to the text, we will move on to the next customer.
- All seats, pens, chairs, etc. will be sanitized between each customer.
- There will not be access to restrooms at the Nankin Mills Interpretive Center on March 7, 2022. The bathrooms across the street at Nankin Mills Park will be open starting at 7:00 AM.
- Please note that this process will be much slower than in previous years, but it must be handled this way for the safety of the customers and the staff.
Online Rental Requests/Reservations will begin on Monday, March 21, 2022. Only walk-up at the Parks Office or online reservations will be taken after this date. No phone reservations will be taken during the remaining of the picnic reservation rental season. Online link: https://wayneco.recpro-iframe.com/Default.aspx.
Please see the attached Picnic Permit Packet for further details.