Procedures for Land Division / Combination
The Land Division/Combination Application Must be Filled Out Completely and Include the Following:
- Applicant must provide a recorded deed for each original parcel as proof of ownership (when ownership is not obvious).
- Applicant requires the signature of legal owner(s), or authorized agent (with letter of authorization) of each original parcel, or an attachment showing Power of Attorney, or a purchase agreement contingent on approval.
- If there is a mortgage on the property, the applicant must provide written approval from the mortgage company to proceed with the land division/combination.
- If there is a Land Contract associated with the property, the applicant must provide written approval from the land contract holder to proceed with the land division/combination.
- All Property Taxes, accounts receivables, and special assessments must be paid and up to date at the time of applications.
ALL TAXES MUST BE PAID AS OF JANUARY 31, 2022
- If the original parcel(s) contain metes and bounds or acreage legal descriptions, applicant must complete the supplemental DTE Energy land split application as required by Sec 109(a) & 109(g) of the Land Division Act.
- If the original parcel(s) contain metes and bounds or acreage legal descriptions, applicant must provide two (2) copies of a land survey (not a mortgage survey) or plot plan drawn to scale (not less than 1” = 100’ scale) by a registered engineer or surveyor showing the following:
- Date, north arrow and scale.
- Site dimensions including adjoining property for at least 100’ in all directions from the subject property.
- All existing and proposed buildings and structures and their dimensions and setbacks from proposed and existing property lines.
- Street names, right-of-ways, and roadway widths of all existing and proposed streets within and adjacent to the proposed lot partition or division.
- Location, width and purpose of easements.
- Boundaries of any wetlands, watercourses, floodplains, wells, septic fields, and any water, sewer or drainage access encumbering the land.
- A complete legal description of each new proposed parcel in recordable form.
- If the original parcel(s) are an existing recorded plat and contain platted legal descriptions describing land by Lots and Blocks, then a survey is not required.
- Proposed division/combination must meet all zoning requirements or a variance from the Zoning Board must be granted prior to approval.
Upon completion and approval of the Land Division/Combination Application, new parcel numbers will be assigned by the City of Inkster Assessing office to become Effective for the following Assessment Year.