Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
PROJECT SCOPE & TIMELINE:
The City of Inkster is soliciting proposals from qualified developers and business owners to develop two structures within the city: 4437 Inkster Rd., and 25910 Michigan Ave. The City is requesting formal proposals to redevelop the buildings into a more productive use.
The objective of this Request for Proposal is to purchase these buildings from the City and redevelop them to help revitalize their corresponding districts. The proposed uses for these buildings must consider the City of Inkster’s Master Plan and corresponding zoning districts.
The selected applicant will be expected to enter into a Developer Agreement with the City of Inkster. The developer and project expectations will align with the below proposal requirements.
Kaitlyn Hines– Community Planner
PROPOSAL SUBMITTAL DEADLINE & PROCESS:
Due to the closure of City Hall, walkthrough time are TBD.
An electronic copy of the proposed use must be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Proposals will be reviewed by an evaluation committee from various City departments and final approval will be given by City Council. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis via email ONLY.
SCOPE OF SERVICES REQUESTED:
Purchase and redevelopment of the following buildings:
Parcel I.D.: 44025021435000
B-2 Thoroughfare Mixed-Use District
-Year Built: 1973
-Total Sq. ft..: 2,204
25910 Michigan Ave
Parcel I.D.: 44019012129 000
B-3 General Business District
-Year Built: 1959
-Total Sq. ft.: 13,598
1. Experience as related to redevelopment and revitalization.
2. Documented prior experience in handling project(s) of similar size and scope;
3. Meets qualifications set forth in this RFP.
1. Firm name, address, primary contact person, telephone and e-mail contact information. Name and address of all developer/investor parties.
2. Detailed description of the general description of the use(s) of the subject property.
3. Describe development schedule and timeframe.
4. Describe the project’s compliance or ability to comply with the zoning ordinance and the City’s Master Plan and other relevant planning documents for the area.
5. Provide estimate of construction/rehabilitation expectation of expenses.
6. Provide estimate of number of jobs created or retained, in full-time/part-time equivalents, as a result of proposed project.
7. Tax status of business to occupy space.
8. Describe the specific role the applicant will perform regarding the project, whether the proposer is the developer, financier, owner, operator, or any combination thereof. Joint ventures designed to provide an overall "team" approach are encouraged but any such partner(s) and their role need to be identified and described. The specific party in a joint venture who is responsible for this proposal must be identified.
9. Statement of any known conflicts of interest by members of the project team with the City, its officials and professional staff.
STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
To enhance the City’s understanding of the Proposals received and to allow reasonable interpretation of the Proposals, the City may request that the applicant submit explanation, substantiation or clarification of certain aspects of the submitted proposal. The City may request and allow applicants the opportunity to eliminate minor irregularities, informalities, or apparent clerical mistakes in submittal.
Proposals submitted are offers only, and the decision to accept or reject is a function of quality, reliability, capability, reputation, and expertise of the firms/individuals submitting proposals. Issuance of this RFP does not obligate the City to pay any costs incurred by a respondent in its submission of a proposal or making any necessary studies or designs for the preparation of that proposal, or for procuring or contracting for the services to be furnished under this RFP. The City reserves the right to accept the proposal that is, in its judgment, the best and most favorable to the interests of the City and to the public; to reject the proposal with the lowest consultant fee; to accept any item of any proposal; to reject any and all proposals; and to waive irregularities and informalities in any proposal submitted or in the RFP process; provided, however, that the waiver of any prior defect or informality shall not be considered a waiver of any future or similar defect or informality. Firms should not rely upon, or anticipate, such waivers in submitting their proposal. The City Council has the ultimate authority to approve any proposal and to authorize execution of the Agreement.